- Stocks take a breather following Thursday’s rally
- Turkey’s lira weakens more than 6 percent on threat of more U.S. sanctions
- Jury to weigh Manafort fate for second day after ‘reasonable doubt’ surprise
- Turkish lira tumbles 7 percent to dollar on sanction worries
- Slain Colorado mother painted rosy picture of married life
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russia’s Vladimir Putin told each other in a telephone call on Friday that they were pleased with the positive direction in their economic and trade ties, a source in Erdogan’s office said.
Erdogan and Putin also voiced contentment regarding Turkey and Russia’s ongoing cooperation in the energy and defence industry sectors, the source said, adding that the two leaders had also discussed the latest developments in Syria.