- More signs that Heisman winner Murray considering NFL over MLB
- Qualcomm to file suits in Chinese courts to ban iPhone XS, XR sales
- With stocks tanking, pessimism among mom-and-pop investors hits highest level in five years
- Energy stocks have to hold one key level for any rebound to take hold: Technical analyst
- Bookseller sting on Amazon aims to weed out counterfeit textbooks, but small sellers getting hurt
How to watch today’s White House press briefing live:
- Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2018
- Who: White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Online: Watch live stream on CBSN, or in the player above
Potential briefing topics:
Sarah Sanders, Raj Shah leaving
Sanders takes the podium for the first time after CBS News’ Jacqueline Alemany reported that she, along with principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah,, according to sources inside the White House and close to the administration. Sanders, who has become a confidante of President Trump since the , has told friends that she plans to leave the administration at the end of the year.
Shah is also considering his exit, but he has not yet settled on an exact date. Neither Sanders nor Shah responded to repeated requests for comment before this story was published. When reached Wednesday evening, both declined to comment on the record, and Sanders tweeted that she is “honored to work for @POTUS.”
DOJ IG Report
The long-awaited Department of Justice inspector general report former FBI chief James Comey and the decisions he made during the course of the Clinton investigation. The findings, which are slated to be released Thursday afternoon, describe Comey as “insubordinate” while also criticizing then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch for weak leadership, Reid also reports.is set to be released Thursday afternoon. The report is expected to focus on
Trump foundation lawsuit
New York’s attorney general is suingas well as the dissolving of the charity for “extensive and persistent violations” of state and federal law. The lawsuit says the foundation illegally helped support the Trump campaign by raising money at a nationally televised fundraiser in January 2016, then allowing campaign staffers to dictate how the money was spent in grants.
South Korea military exercises
Large militaryhave been suspended while negotiations with the North Koreans on denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula continue. Mr. Trump stunned the defense community when he earlier this week that the U.S. would be halting the “war games” it regularly conducts with South Korea.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.