- Audio tape purportedly of sobbing immigrant kids grabs spotlight
- 1 confirmed dead, dozens missing after ferry sinks
- Audi to resume crisis talks after CEO arrest: sources
- Escalating tariff tit-for-tat pummels European autos, industrials stocks
- China’s Xiaomi cuts valuation to $55 billion-$70 billion: sources
Australia’s employment rose by 12,000 in May, boosted by the number of people hired for part-time jobs which jumped by 32,700, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics on Thursday.
Full time employment, however, fell by 20,600. The jobless rate was at 5.4 percent.
Forecasts had centered on a rise of 18,000 in employment, with the unemployment rate at 5.5 percent, a Reuters poll showed.