- BB&T, SunTrust win US antitrust approval to merge
- President Trump says administration plans to raise the vaping age to 21 in US
- How much you'll need to invest each month to retire with $5 million at age 20, 30, 40 and beyond
- GM strike sends ripples across auto parts suppliers
- Stopgap spending bill will harm military readiness, modernization efforts: Pentagon
A customer uses an automatic teller machine (ATM) at a SunTrust Banks Inc. branch in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018.
Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images
The deal still needs approval from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the department said.
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.