- Domino's Pizza delivery drivers earn more when new stores open, CEO says
- Jeff Bezos has been quiet on the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi
- Constellation Brands CEO Rob Sands will step down in March
- Twitter releases 'motherlode' of data on alleged Russian, Iranian influence operation
- Here's what Wall Street isn't paying attention to from the Fed
President Trump is signing two bills at the White House Thursday in the Oval Office ahead of his meeting with rapper Kanye West.
Mr. Trump, speaking to reporters at the signing of the “Save Our Seas Act” addressing ocean debris Wednesday, said he won’t fire Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. Those comments come after the president told reporters Tuesday that theMr. Trump has blasted the Fed in the past over rising interest rates.
He also praised the Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA, for its work on Hurricane Michael.
“FEMA has gotten rave reviews,” the president said.
Mr. Trump has given himself highest marks on the federal response to past hurricanes, including Hurricane Maria that decimated Puerto Rico.
Mr. Trump is set to meet with West during a working lunch, where the two will discuss prison and sentencing reform. But West isn’t the only star at the White House Thursday. Kid Rock also made a surprise appearance, ahead of the president’s signing of a music copyright bill.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.