- Poland likely to bar Holocaust denier, foreign minister says
- Former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal joins Papa John’s board
- Wisconsin judge blocks Republican-backed laws curbing Democratic governor’s powers
- Trump reportedly considering Fed critic Stephen Moore for central bank appointment
- Trump statement on Golan Heights sparks controversy
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — Jurors in Jefferson County on Friday found a woman guilty of attempted first degree murder for setting fire to a car while her husband was sleeping inside, CBS Denver reports. The couple’s 6-year-old grandson witnessed the fire and testified during the three-day trial, KUSA reports.
Prosecutors alleged that last year, Andrea Moreno poured gasoline on the car and then threw a lit match on it. The victim was able to escape, CBS Denver reports.
Firefighters noticed the car on fire in a driveway while responding to another call.
Moreno was also charged with fourth-degree arson, child abuse and violation of a protection order. She is set to be sentenced on August 6.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.