- WATCH: Trump calls Kavanaugh 'an absolute gem'
- Watch: Trump leads United Nations Security Council meeting on nuclear weapons
- Brett Kavanaugh provides high school calendar to Judiciary Committee before hearing with accuser
- New home sales rebound in August, prior months revised lower
- 2nd Kavanaugh accuser certain about alleged encounter, her lawyer says
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — Jurors in Jefferson County on Friday found a woman guilty of attempted first degree murder for setting fire to a car while her husband was sleeping inside, CBS Denver reports. The couple’s 6-year-old grandson witnessed the fire and testified during the three-day trial, KUSA reports.
Prosecutors alleged that last year, Andrea Moreno poured gasoline on the car and then threw a lit match on it. The victim was able to escape, CBS Denver reports.
Firefighters noticed the car on fire in a driveway while responding to another call.
Moreno was also charged with fourth-degree arson, child abuse and violation of a protection order. She is set to be sentenced on August 6.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.