- Despite Trump criticism, Fed policymakers see need for more rate hikes
- Suspect in Bulgarian murder case extradited from Germany
- Revamped Davis Cup about teams, not individuals: Pique
- Watch what happens when a small drone hits a plane at 238 miles per hour
- Strong economy is not helping GOP with gender gap
A Florida woman charged with killing her husband told investigators she accidentally stabbed him after tripping on a rug.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Rachel Fidanian of Lakeland was charged this week with second-degree murder for the June 25 death of her 40-year-old husband, Bryant Fidanian.
The 38-year-old suspect told Polk County sheriff’s investigators she was cutting pizza with a knife when the couple’s dog came into the house covered in feces. She said she ran toward the dog, tripped on a rug and fell into her husband, stabbing him in the chest.
While she described their relationship as “wonderful,” detectives say neighbors reported frequent arguments and deputies had been called seven times to the home.
Fidanian was being held without bond Friday. Court records don’t list an attorney.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/