- Southwest CEO says mechanics deserve new contract, but company wants ‘flexibility’
- Thousands march as France’s ‘yellow vest’ protests rumble on
- As trade deadline looms, U.S. and China sprint to seal a deal
- Company may have leaked carcinogen TCE into air for years
- Strong winds hit Italy and Croatia, causing 3 deaths
Nurse Cassie Lerossignol hugs a coworker as the Feather River Hospital burns while the Camp Fire rages through Paradise, Calif., on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018.
Nurse Darrel Wilken told the Chico Enterprise-Record newspaper on Friday that the fire came so quickly that he and other employees at the Feather River Hospital used their own cars to evacuate patients. Wilken said he took three patients in his car and that two of them were in critical condition. He says he battled gridlocked traffic on a road surrounded on both sides by fire.