- Bernie Sanders draws thousands to rally in New York in comeback from heart attack
- Exclusive: Kuroda says BOJ can ‘certainly’ cut short-term rates if it were to ease
- PG&E CEO says California blackouts could last another decade
- Are social media companies spying on consumers?
- Fallout from Trump’s trade wars felt by economies around the world
Nurse Cassie Lerossignol hugs a coworker as the Feather River Hospital burns while the Camp Fire rages through Paradise, Calif., on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018.
Nurse Darrel Wilken told the Chico Enterprise-Record newspaper on Friday that the fire came so quickly that he and other employees at the Feather River Hospital used their own cars to evacuate patients. Wilken said he took three patients in his car and that two of them were in critical condition. He says he battled gridlocked traffic on a road surrounded on both sides by fire.