- IPO mania produced record exits for VCs in second quarter, PitchBook says
- New Zealand watchdog sues Westpac arm over breach of consumer law
- European startups navigate long, winding road to self-driving future
- Dollar slips after Powell bolsters rate cut bets; bitcoin sinks
- Flooding hits New Orleans as possible hurricane looms
Nurse Cassie Lerossignol hugs a coworker as the Feather River Hospital burns while the Camp Fire rages through Paradise, Calif., on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018.
Nurse Darrel Wilken told the Chico Enterprise-Record newspaper on Friday that the fire came so quickly that he and other employees at the Feather River Hospital used their own cars to evacuate patients. Wilken said he took three patients in his car and that two of them were in critical condition. He says he battled gridlocked traffic on a road surrounded on both sides by fire.