- Bouteflika at bay: Why protesters are taking on Algeria’s ruling system
- Stocks trade higher as technology and consumer goods rise
- Oslo to become first city to charge electric taxis over the air
- EU summit readies for Brexit in May – or next week
- Facebook explains why its A.I. didn't detect the New Zealand mosque shooting video
The logo of Swiss bank UBS is seen in Zurich, Switzerland October 25, 2018. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
November 8, 2018
(Reuters) – The U.S. government on Thursday filed a civil fraud lawsuit against UBS AG <UBSG.S>, accusing the Swiss bank of defrauding investors in connection with its sale of residential mortgage-backed securities in 2006 and 2007.
In a statement, the U.S. Department of Justice said UBS’ actions contributed to the 2008 global financial crisis.
The lawsuit was filed with the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the Justice Department said.
(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York; Editing by Tom Brown)