- Saudi Arabia reportedly deployed Twitter army against Khashoggi and other critics
- Dodgers power past Brewers to return to World Series
- Coal mine accident in eastern China leaves 22 trapped
- Australian by-election count goes to the wire, after PM concedes
- Afghans shut out by polling station chaos return to vote
President Trump is holding a rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Tuesday evening to support Republican candidates and tout his administration’s policies supporting ethanol production, a major industry in the state. Earlier in the day, he promised a “big announcement” for the rally.
TheTuesday that he has directed the Environmental Protection Agency to allow year-round use of fuel with 15 percent ethanol, or E15. Currently, E15 is banned during the summer months, due to concerns that it contributes to air pollution. This could be a political boon for rural corn-producing states such as Iowa. Farmers in the state due to the president’s trade policies, although a between the U.S., Mexico and Canada has helped to ease concerns. Mr. Trump is expected to discuss how new regulations on E15 and his trade deals are helping Iowa in his rally.
How to watch the Trump Rally in Iowa
- What: President Trump “Make America Great Again” Rally
- Where: Mid-America Center, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- When: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Live stream: CBSN live stream in player above
The president met with Republican members of Congress from corn-producing states to make his announcement on E15 Tuesday afternoon, including Rep. David Young. Youngto losing his district to Democrat Cindy Axne, and his seat is rated a “toss up” by the CBS News Battleground Tracker. Mr. Trump is set to campaign for him and for Gov. Kim Reynolds
The rally comes the day after Mr. Trumpnew Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Mr. Trump also of UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Tuesday.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.