- Trump, House Republicans discuss further tax cuts at White House
- Senate Republican leader warns Russia not to meddle in 2018 elections
- Trump tries to calm political storm over Putin summit, says he misspoke
- United shares rise as second-quarter profit beats expectations
- Trump’s performance with Putin not a ‘tipping point’ for his base: Former Bush aide
Maryland, the second highest-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives, has been admitted to the hopital with a case of pneumonia, a spokesperson told CBS News.
“Mr. Hoyer was admitted to the George Washington University Hospital yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumococcal pneumonia,” said Hoyer’s communications director, Katie Grant. “He is being treated with antibiotics and resting, and is expected to make a full recovery quickly. He looks forward to being back at work very soon.”
The 79-year-old Hoyer is the House Minority Whip. Originally elected in 1981, he is the most senior member of the Democratic caucus.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.