- Twitter Overcomes Dry Spell: But Will it Last?
- Watch: White House briefs press as Trump administration defends travel ban in court
- Hillary Clinton fundraiser loses Port Authority post after video of her cursing out cops goes viral
- General Electric faces protests from workers and shareholders at annual meeting
- Why Bitcoin’s Rally Has More Gas in the Tank
Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, is in stable condition after a surgery to treat an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis over the weekend, according to a statement from his office. The senator was admitted to Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona on Sunday.
“Over the last few months, Senator McCain has been participating in physical therapy at his home in Cornville, Arizona, as he recovers from the side effects of cancer treatment,” the statement reads. “He has remained engaged on his work as Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and has enjoyed frequent visits from his family, friends, staff and Senate colleagues.”
McCain was following a procedure to remove a blood clot. He has in the Senate for the duration of his radiation and chemotherapy as part of his cancer treatment.with a cancerous brain tumor in July 2017
“Senator McCain and his family are grateful to the senator’s excellent care team, and appreciate the support and prayers they continue to receive from people all over the country,” his office said.
McCain’s daughter, Meghan McCain, tweeted that her father “continues to inspire me everyday with his intense grit and determination.”
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.