- FDA threatens to fine Walmart, Kroger and convenience store chains for selling tobacco to minors
- Mattel's Fisher Price recalls all 'Rock 'n Play' models due to reports of deaths
- CDC suspects ground beef is the source of recent E. coli outbreak
- JPMorgan Chase and Anadarko Petroleum rise, Netflix stumbles
- S&P 500 closes near record high as earnings season begins in earnest
Russian President Vladimir Putin attends a session of the annual Valdai Discussion Club in Sochi, Russia October 18, 2018. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS – THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY.
October 18, 2018
SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) – President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that it was not up to Russia to persuade Iran to pull its forces out of Syria, and that the governments calling for Iran to leave should provide guarantees that they would not meddle in Syria’s affairs.
Putin was speaking at a forum in the Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
(Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Tom Balmforth; editing by John Stonestreet)