- Rights group calls for Saudis to "immediately produce" Khashoggi's body
- Low Volatility Returns To The Limelight
- Netflix's biggest daredevil move could be making blockbuster comic book movies for theaters
- Mega Millions jackpot is now $1.6 billion — here's who won the 5 biggest US lottery prizes ever
- Assad, Russian officials meet in Damascus, discuss situation in Syria
Russian President Vladimir Putin attends a session of the annual Valdai Discussion Club in Sochi, Russia October 18, 2018. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS – THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY.
October 18, 2018
SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) – President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that it was not up to Russia to persuade Iran to pull its forces out of Syria, and that the governments calling for Iran to leave should provide guarantees that they would not meddle in Syria’s affairs.
Putin was speaking at a forum in the Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
(Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Tom Balmforth; editing by John Stonestreet)