- White woman defends blocking black man from his apartment
- U.S. to merge Jerusalem consulate in to new embassy
- Putin says it’s not up to Russia to persuade Iran to pull out of Syria
- Third Point video urges retail investors to replace Campbell Soup board
- How to download a copy of everything Apple knows about you
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo discussed recent U.S. sanctions against Moscow and challenges in Syria’s war in a phone call with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, on Friday, a State Department spokeswoman said.
“Secretary Pompeo reiterated that the United States seeks an improved relationship with Russia and agreed to future dialogue,” spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement.
It was their first phone call since Washington said on Wednesday it would impose fresh sanctions on Moscow for the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter in Britain in March.