- Saudi Arabia reportedly deployed Twitter army against Khashoggi and other critics
- Dodgers power past Brewers to return to World Series
- Australian by-election count goes to the wire, after PM concedes
- Afghans shut out by polling station chaos return to vote
- Dodgers defeat Brewers in Game 7, will face Red Sox in World Series
Richard Pinedo, accused of identity theft by the U.S. special counsel investigating possible Russia election meddling, was sentenced to a one-year prison term on Wednesday.
U.S. Judge Dabney Friedrich said Pinedo could serve half the sentence at home.
Pinedo pleaded guilty to one count of identity fraud in February. Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office had said he operated an online auction service that trafficked stolen identities.