How to watch today’s White House press briefing live:
- Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Who: White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Online: Watch live stream on CBSN, or in the player above
Potential briefing topics:
- Government shutdown: Congress must approve a spending package before Thursday at midnight. Tuesday night, the House approved another short-term spending bill to pay for six more weeks of funding. The bill does not address immigration. If the Senate does not pass the measure, the government will shut down. President Trump said Tuesday that he would “ ” if Congress can’t make progress on his administration’s immigration reform goals;
- Military parade: Mr. Trump requested that the Pentagon review potential dates and begin preparations for a June 1991 marks the most recent U.S. military parade, which was held to celebrate the U.S. victory in the first Gulf War; in Washington, D.C. The president has floated the idea of a national military parade before.
- Meghan McCain: Meghan McCain, daughter of Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said she does not expect Mr. Trump to criticize her father’s war service again after a she had with the president. “[Mr. Trump] actually reached out to me and we had a very nice conversation and I feel comfortable going forward if he would say or do anything in the realm of talking about my father’s war injuries in that nature, I don’t think he would go there again,” she said.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.