- After a hike next week, the Fed would be 'nuts to keep tightening': Cramer
- Main suspect in Strasbourg attack killed in gun battle with police -officials
- May urges EU to help get Brexit ‘over the line’
- Michigan governor reaches final deal on Great Lakes pipeline
- Flurry of Democrats expected to enter 2020 White House race in coming weeks
Iran’s OPEC governor, Hossein Kazempour Ardebili, said oil should not be used as a weapon or to make political gains, according to the Iran oil ministry news agency SHANA.
“Trump’s demand that Iranian oil should not be bought, and (his) pressures on European firms at a time when Nigeria and Libya are in crisis, when Venezuela’s oil exports have fallen due to U.S. sanctions, when Saudi’s domestic consumption has increased in summer, is nothing but a self harm,” he was quoted as saying.
“It will increases the prices of oil in the global markets,” he said. “At the end it is the American consumer who will pay the price for Mr. Trump’s policy,” he added.