- Stocks take a breather following Thursday’s rally
- Turkey’s lira weakens more than 6 percent on threat of more U.S. sanctions
- Jury to weigh Manafort fate for second day after ‘reasonable doubt’ surprise
- Turkish lira tumbles 7 percent to dollar on sanction worries
- Slain Colorado mother painted rosy picture of married life
This article was originally published on ETFTrends.com.
One of the primary reasons major gold exchange traded products, including the SPDR Gold Shares (NYSEArca: GLD), are slumping this year is the stronger U.S. dollar. Commodities, such as gold, are denominated in dollars, meaning that when the greenback gains momentum, commodities can languish. While the U.S. dollar strengthens, investors may still capture the potential upside in […]
Continue Reading Below