- Official: Canadian man missing in China and feared detained is entrepreneur Michael Spavor
- Could Apple's Services Business Hit a Wall Next Year?
- Defying Trump, US Senate advances measure to end support for Saudis in Yemen
- U.S. oil prices inch up amid stockpile drop, signs of easing trade tensions
- Ingram on verge of breaking McAllister’s TD mark
I’ve always found summer to be a good time to step away from technology for a little bit. As often as I can, and I’ll do it this week to celebrate the Fourth of July, I’ll put down my phone for a few days and leave technology behind while I head to the beach.
You can use this week to declare your own independence, too, and take a break from technology. I’ve written a lot of guides over the last year that can help you do this. Sometimes it’s as easy as leaving your phone behind, but you might also want to do a check-up on your technology use. Here’s what you can do, and what some companies are doing, to help you declare independence from technology.