- Warriors heavily favored over Raptors in NBA Finals
- Papua New Guinea prime minister quits after weeks of turmoil
- Former Thai PM and influential royal adviser Prem Tinsulanonda dies at 98
- Europe's voters elect new parliament as nationalism mounts
- Woman facing eviction gets help from Arnold Schwarzenegger
The president of a college Republican group in Ohio has apologized for a fundraising email that referred to Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as a “domestic terrorist.”
Tom Ferrall is chairman of the Ohio College Republican Federation and a senior at the University of Dayton. He says the email was sent Wednesday without his approval by a third-party fundraising firm he wouldn’t name.
Ferrall says his organization has severed ties with the firm. He says the email wasn’t something he or the organization would ever endorse.
Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet after the email was publicized that such a message “puts me in danger every time.”
The University of Dayton also said Ferrall improperly used his university mailing address to solicit funds and Ferrall agreed to stop.