- House Judiciary Committee to vote on impeachment hearing parameters
- Overturned ship's missing crew are alive, Coast Guard says
- Elizabeth Warren gains ground over Biden and Sanders in new CBS News poll
- Blaze destroys synagogue in Minnesota city; cause unknown
- British Airline pilots begin first strike in history, hundreds of planes grounded
FILE PHOTO: Basketball – NBA Global Games – New Orleans Pelicans training session ahead of preseason game against Houston Rockets – Beijing, China – 11/10/16. New Orleans Pelicans player Anthony Davis talks to the media. REUTERS/Thomas Pete
June 5, 2019
The USA Basketball roster for the FIBA World Cup in China later this summer will have some star power as ESPN reported Wednesday that Anthony Davis, James Harden, Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal are among the hopefuls for a spot on the team.
Other players who reportedly will be in an 18-player camp, vying to be on the 12-man roster, include the Portland Trail Blazers’ CJ McCollum, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kevin Love, the Houston Rockets’ Eric Gordon, the Utah Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell and the Boston Celtics’ Jayson Tatum.
Other roster possibilities include Kyle Kuzma of the Los Angeles Lakers, P.J. Tucker of the Rockets, Paul Millsap of the Denver Nuggets, and Khris Middleton and Brook Lopez of the Milwaukee Bucks, according to ESPN.
The 32-team FIBA World Cup will run from Aug. 31-Sept. 15 in eight cities in China. The tournament will come after Team USA’s August minicamp in Las Vegas under head coach Gregg Popovich. The team is expected to play in exhibition games later this summer in California and Australia.
–Field Level Media