- Trump says administration wants to ban flavored e-cigarettes
- A new look for a new season of true crime on "48 Hours"
- On 9/11, al Qaeda leader calls for attacks on U.S.
- Ex-Yankee Mariano Rivera relists his Florida mansion for $3.5 million — take a look inside
- Tentative list of the missing in Bahamas has 2,500 names
The official newspaper for China’s Communist Party published a morale-boosting graphic on Tuesday touting the country’s defiant attitude in the face of trade tensions with the U.S.
“This, is China’s attitude!” the People’s Daily said in the headline of a post on its official WeChat account.
The post contained just one image, with three slogans in gold lettering printed over the red Chinese flag and a picture of shipping containers. CNBC’s translation of the Chinese phrases reads:
“Bully us, wishful thinking!”
Trade negotiations between the world’s two largest economies took a negative turn last week. On Friday, the U.S. raised tariffs on $200 billion worth of imported goods from China to 25% from 10%. Beijing responded late Monday local time with tariffs of up to 25% on $60 billion worth of U.S. goods.