- Iran's president says Trump's White House is "afflicted by mental retardation"
- Head of Instagram on deepfakes: "I don't feel good about it"
- Lawyer suggests mom staged own disappearance
- AbbVie to buy Botox-maker Allergan in a $63 billion cash-and-stock deal
- SpaceX caught the nose cone of its Falcon Heavy rocket for the first time in the net of a boat
The official newspaper for China’s Communist Party published a morale-boosting graphic on Tuesday touting the country’s defiant attitude in the face of trade tensions with the U.S.
“This, is China’s attitude!” the People’s Daily said in the headline of a post on its official WeChat account.
The post contained just one image, with three slogans in gold lettering printed over the red Chinese flag and a picture of shipping containers. CNBC’s translation of the Chinese phrases reads:
“Bully us, wishful thinking!”
Trade negotiations between the world’s two largest economies took a negative turn last week. On Friday, the U.S. raised tariffs on $200 billion worth of imported goods from China to 25% from 10%. Beijing responded late Monday local time with tariffs of up to 25% on $60 billion worth of U.S. goods.