- Exclusive: As U.S. sanctions loom, China’s Bank of Kunlun to stop receiving Iran payments – sources
- Verizon beats phone subscriber estimates
- McDonald's to report third quarter earnings before the bell: Here's what to expect
- Wall Street's 'fear gauge' is popping, which means there likely will be only one winning trade today
- The Real-World Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
FILE PHOTO: The logo of Toshiba Corp. is seen at the company’s facility in Kawasaki, Japan February 13, 2017. REUTERS/Issei Kato/File Photo
May 17, 2018
TOKYO (Reuters) – China regulatory authorities have approved the $18 billion sale of Toshiba Corp’s <6502.T> chip unit to a consortium led by U.S. private equity firm Bain Capital, Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported on Thursday, without citing sources.
A Toshiba spokeswoman said the company had not confirmed whether there had been any approval by Chinese regulators.
(Reporting by Makiko Yamazaki; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)