- There was mysterious selling in FedEx on Tuesday before poor earnings took down the stock
- The UK has asked the EU for a delay to Brexit, what comes next?
- Investors who believe the market's gotten too calm right now could use these ETFs to hedge
- Foreigners sell Danish shares after Danske Bank scandal: central bank
- EU to assess impact of Tercas bank ruling, not linked to other past rescues: Vestager
Last Updated Mar 14, 2018 7:02 PM EDT
WASHINGTON — President Trump was toutingWednesday in St. Louis, but back at the White House jobs seemed anything but secure. Secretary of State Tuesday, and there’s talk of more change on the horizon.
CNBC television contributorwas named director of the National Economic Council, replacing , who earlier this month.
“The greatest and most important thing for this and any other country that rapid economic growth and prosperity for everyone,” Kudlow said. “That is my basic view and it has been for decades.”
So far more than.
Secretary of Veterans Affairs, an Obama-era holdover, could be next to get the boot. In February, the department’s inspector general determined on a lavish trip to Europe for his wife. He paid the money back after it became public.
National security adviser‘s departure has been expected for weeks. Sources say McMaster and Mr. Trump have clashed over policy — something the commander in chief said he relishes.
“It’s tough. I like conflict. I like having two people with different points of view and I certainly have that,” Mr. Trump said. “And then I make a decision. But I like watching it. I like seeing it. And I think it’s the best way to go. I like different points of view.”
Mr. Trump’s pick to take McMaster’s place is former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, whose foreign policy ideas are much closer to those of the president.
has also come under fire recently for spending $31,000 on a dinning room set for his office. .
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.