- There was mysterious selling in FedEx on Tuesday before poor earnings took down the stock
- Doomed Boeing pilots reportedly scoured manual in final moments
- The UK has asked the EU for a delay to Brexit, what comes next?
- Investors who believe the market's gotten too calm right now could use these ETFs to hedge
- Foreigners sell Danish shares after Danske Bank scandal: central bank
Television pundit Larry Kudlow has accepted an offer to replace outgoing Gary Cohn and head of the White House National Economic Council (NEC), CBS News’ Jacqueline Alemany reports.
The announcement comes just days afterhe was on his way out, and comes in the midst of a number of staff shakeups. On Tuesday, Mr. Trump fired Secretary of State Rex Tillerson — on Twitter.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders has said there are no personnel announcements “right now,” but did confirm that President Trump and Kudlow spoke yesterday.
Kudlow, a regular MSNBC guest, is an economic analyst who worked in the Office of Management and Budget during the Ronald Reagan administration.his stalwart defense of Mr. Trump and conservative economic policies, such as low taxes and reduced spending.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
— CBS News Kathryn Watson contributed to this report.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.