- Warriors heavily favored over Raptors in NBA Finals
- Papua New Guinea prime minister quits after weeks of turmoil
- Former Thai PM and influential royal adviser Prem Tinsulanonda dies at 98
- Europe's voters elect new parliament as nationalism mounts
- Woman facing eviction gets help from Arnold Schwarzenegger
FILE PHOTO: Golf – Masters – Augusta National Golf Club – Augusta, Georgia, U.S. – April 14, 2019. Tiger Woods of the U.S. celebrates with with his green jacket after winning the 2019 Masters. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/File Photo
April 15, 2019
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday said he would award Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom after the golfer won the Masters for the fifth time on Sunday.
“Spoke to @TigerWoods to congratulate him on the great victory he had in yesterday’s @TheMasters, & to inform him that because of his incredible Success & Comeback in Sports (Golf) and, more importantly, LIFE, I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM,” Trump tweeted.
(Reporting by Susan Heavey; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)