- Warren Buffett on Overhauling Health Care: “There’s Enormous Resistance to Change”
- Vietnamese workers, streaming to Japan, face risks as labor system opens up
- U.S. freezes out top Afghan official in peace talks feud: sources
- Huawei leads Asian domination of U.N. patent applications in 2018
- Target Technological Advances, Disruptors with ARK Invest ETF Strategies
President Donald Trump has announced his first recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and they include the wife of a major Republican Party donor, the longest-serving Republican senator in U.S. history, Elvis Presley, and Babe Ruth.
Trump will also posthumously recognize the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
Medals are going to Miriam Adelson, a doctor and wife of casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, a Republican donor; Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, who is retiring after more than 41 years in the U.S. Senate; former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach and Alan Page, who began a legal career after leaving the NFL.
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the nation’s highest honor for a civilian.