- Houthi leader says drone attacks a response to spurned Yemen peace moves
- French withdrawal a painful lesson for Auger-Aliassime
- Fiat Chrysler and Renault are in advanced talks to merge the automakers
- Greens triumph as German governing parties perform poorly
- Federer graces new-look Roland Garros with stylish opening win
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at a Hanukkah reception as Vice President Mike Pence looks on in the East Room of the White House in Washington, U.S. December 6, 2018. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
December 7, 2018
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday sounded an optimistic note about negotiations with China on trade issues, but did not offer any details in an early morning tweet, as major companies worried about how the arrest of a top Huawei executive would affect relations between Washington and Beijing.
“China talks are going very well,” Trump wrote.
(Reporting by Lisa Lambert; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)