- Investigators find body while searching for missing 13-year-old, FBI says
- Alternative ETFs Zig While Stocks, Bonds Zag
- Pilots struggled to control plane that crashed in Indonesia
- Britain’s push for U.N. action on Yemen’s aid crisis slows
- Predator cities fight for survival in Peter Jackson’s “Mortal Engines”
President Donald Trump says he thinks the Federal Reserve’s policies are a greater threat to U.S. economic growth than a burgeoning trade war with China.
Trump told The Washington Post on Tuesday: “I think the Fed is a much bigger problem than China.”
Continue Reading Below
Trump adds that he is “not even a little bit happy” with Fed Chairman Jay Powell, whom he selected last year.
The Fed has raised interest rates steadily under Powell’s leadership as the central bank has tried to balance promoting maximum employment with controlling inflation. Those decisions have drawn rebukes from Trump, who wants the Fed to focus on economic growth.
Trump says: “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”