- G20 watchdog focuses on rules review, holds fire on cryptocurrencies
- McCabe firing seems like act of "vengeance," senator says
- 2 Competing Marijuana Legalization Bills in New Jersey Leave the Garden State Divided
- The Winning Formula Behind Nintendo's Growth
- 'Black Panther' tops box office for 5th straight weekend
A California teacher is believed to have accidentally fired his weapon in a classroom today.
Seaside police officers were summoned to Seaside High School Tuesday after the teacher, who was teaching a public safety class, discharged the weapon, police said in a statement.
Officials said one student was injured either by a bullet fragment or ceiling debris and transported to a local hospital by his parent for treatment. No one was seriously injured.
The teacher involved was identified by police as Dennis Alexander, who is a reserve police officer for the City of Sand City as well.
The incident is under investigation.