- Turkey's Erdogan claims victory in bid to solidify grip on power
- Athletics: Lyles set to turn attention to 200m in Europe
- Iguanas face off in Starbucks parking lot
- Firefighters accused of making sex tape in station leave department
- Trump issues challenge to trading partners: Bring down barriers or face 'reciprocity'
A California teacher is believed to have accidentally fired his weapon in a classroom today.
Seaside police officers were summoned to Seaside High School Tuesday after the teacher, who was teaching a public safety class, discharged the weapon, police said in a statement.
Officials said one student was injured either by a bullet fragment or ceiling debris and transported to a local hospital by his parent for treatment. No one was seriously injured.
The teacher involved was identified by police as Dennis Alexander, who is a reserve police officer for the City of Sand City as well.
The incident is under investigation.