- El Chapo trial: Witness says Guzman paid head of Ecuadorian army
- Long-time GE bear ditches negative view, shares jump
- Exclusive: Chinese battery firm halts purchases of cobalt from Glencore – sources
- Teenage suspect dead in shooting at Indiana middle school
- 'No one would ever tolerate that,' Under Armour CEO says about employees expensing strip clubs
A California teacher is believed to have accidentally fired his weapon in a classroom today.
Seaside police officers were summoned to Seaside High School Tuesday after the teacher, who was teaching a public safety class, discharged the weapon, police said in a statement.
Officials said one student was injured either by a bullet fragment or ceiling debris and transported to a local hospital by his parent for treatment. No one was seriously injured.
The teacher involved was identified by police as Dennis Alexander, who is a reserve police officer for the City of Sand City as well.
The incident is under investigation.