- Stocks making the biggest moves premarket: Boeing, Peloton, Halliburton, Facebook, IBM & more
- 4 dead from Legionnaires' outbreak linked to hot tubs
- Brexit uncertainty ahead of Parliament session that has Boris Johnson at the mercy of 1 politician
- Cybercriminals are doing big business in the gaming chat app Discord
- The uncharted road to the impeachment and removal of a president
In the latest salvo in the delivery wars, Target is offering same-day delivery on thousands of items for $9.99 per order through a delivery startup it purchased nearly two years ago
Until now, Target shoppers looking to receive same-day delivery through Shipt had to go to the startup’s website and pay $99 for an annual membership or $14 for a monthly membership. This week, Target incorporated the Shipt feature on its website.
Continue Reading Below
Target says the same-day option will cover 65,000 items. Shoppers using Target’s loyalty card will get a 5% discount.
Last month, Walmart rolled out next-day delivery with a minimum order of $35 on its most popular items in certain cities. Amazon has upgraded its free shipping option for Prime members who pay $119 a year to one-day delivery.