- Hong Kong extradition bill officially killed, but move unlikely to end unrest
- Huawei launches foldable phone in China
- SoftBank clinches WeWork takeover deal, bailing out co-founder
- Egypt’s growth seen at 5.5% in fiscal year 2019/20, 5.7% next fiscal year: Reuetrs poll
- Asia shares slip on Brexit snag, Texas Instruments’ revenue woes
Meanwhile, the rain earlier in the week has caused the Arkansas River to continue to flood. It will be in record flood stage this weekend in the state of Arkansas.
A very active holiday weekend pattern is expected from the Southern Plains into the Great Lakes.
The storm system that brought 11 tornadoes to western Texas and Oklahoma on Thursday expands and moves north into the Midwest and the Great Lakes to end the work week.
The biggest threat with these storms is damaging winds, but we can’t rule out a few more tornadoes.
Stormy weather continues into the holiday weekend with it moving into Pennsylvania and western New York.
The biggest threat with these storms will be damaging winds, but more tornadoes and huge hail are possible in the Southern and Western Plains.
With all the stormy weather coming up this holiday weekend, on the heels of a week of heavy rain, numerous flood alerts have been issued for the central U.S.
Some areas could see an additional half a foot of rain and more flooding over Memorial Day weekend.