- Brown, Auburn blitz Kansas to reach Sweet 16
- U.S. lawmakers await details of Mueller’s Russia report
- Brexit or not, Prudential says it made sense to move some business to Luxembourg
- Italy endorses China’s Belt and Road plan in first for a G7 nation
- China confident of achieving key 2019 economic targets, vice premier says
Stormy Daniels, the porn star at the center of a political storm involving President Trump, has been arrested, her lawyer says.
Michael Avenatti, who’s become a frequent guest on cable TV networks since becoming Daniels’ attorney, tweeted about the arrest early Thursday:
Columbus police tell CBS News they’re not aware of Daniels being arrested, and as of early Thursday, Daniels wasn’t being held by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department.
Daniels, 39, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, says she had sex with Mr. Trump in 2006. He was married to Melania Trump at the time and has denied Daniel’s claim.
Daniels is suing the president and his former longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, and trying to invalidate a nondisclosure agreement she signed days before the 2016 presidential election.
Cohen allegedly paid Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about her sexual encounter with Mr. Trump. The payment might have violated campaign finance laws.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.