- In a scene reminiscent of the financial crisis, axed Deutsche Bank workers leave with belongings
- Jeffrey Epstein pleads not guilty to new sex trafficking charges
- Iran breaks nuclear deal for 2nd time this month
- Biden apologizes for "pain and misconception" caused by comments about segregationists
- Trump attacks British ambassador, takes swipe at UK PM May
Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino
Starbucks is launching its latest successor to the Unicorn Frappuccino on Wednesday: the Tie-Dye Frappuccino.
The limited-time drink will only be in stores for five days — or as long as supplies last.
Business Insider first reported Starbucks’ plans to sell the Tie-Dye Frappuccino and its launch date.
The Instagram friendly Tie-Dye Frappuccino has already surfaced on the social media website as baristas post photos of their practice versions. One Starbucks employee who has been trained to make it told CNBC that it tastes similar to the banana flavor of Laffy Taffy candy.
In April 2017, the coffee chain introduced its colorful Unicorn Frappuccino, which sold out quickly with the help of social media buzz. Employees complained about the long lines of customers and the preparation time for the drink. The Tie-Dye version took most baristas about two minutes to make, the Starbucks worker said.
After failing to replicate the success of the Unicorn Frappuccino with other versions of the blended drink, Starbucks has turned its focus on its other cold drinks that bring customers back more frequently, like iced coffee and Nitro cold brew.
Starbucks did not immediately return a request for comment.