- Singer Adele files for divorce from husband Simon Konecki
- Sanders adviser talks Latino outreach and campaign strategy
- Austin mayor on why he supports Pete Buttigieg
- Fact-checking Democratic candidates on the issues at the ABC News debate in Houston
- White House moving forward to strip California of vehicle authority: sources
Adele officially filed for divorce from husband Simon Konecki,. The singer, who had been married to Konecki for two years, previously announced she had .
“Adele and her partner have separated,” her reps said in a statement obtained by The Associated Press. “They are committed to raising their son together lovingly. As always they ask for privacy. There will be no further comment.”
The two began dating in 2011 and welcomed their son Angelo in 2012.
The Grammy-winning British superstar has been private about her relationship, but confirmed she married Konecki when she won album of the year at the 2017 Grammys. In her acceptance speech, she said: “Grammys, I appreciate it. The Academy, I love you. My manager, my husband and my son — you’re the only reason I do it.”
In 2012, Adele told Anderson Cooper on “60 Minutes” that she was “madly in love” with Konecki.
Konecki co-founded Life Water, an eco-friendly brand of bottled water in the U.K. Funds from the company assists the charity that Konecki runs, Drop4Drop, which provides clean water to countries in need.