- Branson’s Virgin Galactic takes another step toward space tourism
- Trump’s economy ‘a little under’ 3 percent growth goal: Fed
- As tensions over aid rise, Venezuelan troops fire on villagers, kill two
- Virgin Galactic astronauts describe 'surreal' spaceflight: 'The views are absolutely extraordinary'
- Elementary school teacher captures two students slow dancing on Valentine's Day
FILE PHOTO: The Sears logo is seen outside a store in Brooklyn, New York, U.S., October 10, 2018. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo
December 6, 2018
(Reuters) – Sears Holdings Corp <SHLDQ.PK> Chairman Eddie Lampert’s ESL Partners LP has submitted a $4.6 billion bid to buy the bankrupt retailer, the hedge fund said on Thursday.
Sears, which had filed for bankruptcy protection on Oct. 15, faces a Dec. 15 deadline to find a buyer to keep it in business, according to court papers.
(Reporting by Soundarya J in Bengaluru; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)