- Stocks take a breather following Thursday’s rally
- Turkey’s lira weakens more than 6 percent on threat of more U.S. sanctions
- Jury to weigh Manafort fate for second day after ‘reasonable doubt’ surprise
- Turkish lira tumbles 7 percent to dollar on sanction worries
- Slain Colorado mother painted rosy picture of married life
A single-engine plane with one person on board crashed in a field Sunday in Sylmar, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD). They say “an adult male pilot” was trapped in the wreckage and has since been freed, but was pronounced dead at the scene. The incident occurred near Interstate Highway 5 by the Roxford exit.
LAFD says there were no other injuries and no damage to any structures from the Beechcraft A320 aircraft.
The National Transportation Safety Board will oversee the investigation.
A video from CBS Los Angeles shows first responders on the scene.
Sylmar is located about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.