- Undercover entrepreneurs: fearful Mexican tech startups shun spotlight
- Sterling falters as Brexit approaches its endgame
- Volvo Cars aims to be climate neutral by 2040
- Mormons urge Utah not to bar "conversion therapy" for LGBTQ minors
- Weekly mortgage refinance applications rise, even as home purchase demand falls
This image released by Disney shows Robert Downey Jr. in a scene from “Avengers: Endgame.” (Disney/Marvel Studios via AP)
“Avengers: Endgame” has topped the box office again in its third weekend in theaters.
Continue Reading Below
The Walt Disney Co. says Sunday that the superhero pic earned an estimated $63.1 million from North American theaters, bringing its domestic total to $723.5 million.
It was a mixed bag for newcomers looking for a piece of the market.
“Pokémon Detective Pikachu” opened in second place with a promising $58 million. It features the voice of Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu.
“The Hustle,” a female-fronted spin on “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” with Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson, landed in third with $13.6 million despite lackluster reviews.
And the Diane Keaton cheerleading comedy “Poms” grossed only $5.1 million, placing sixth behind “The Intruder” and “Long Shot,” which are both in their second weekends.