- Butler awaits scan on knee after injury against Rockets
- Olympics: Snowboarding – Ledecka creates history with PGS gold
- Olympics: Snowboarding – Galmarini upgrades to men’s PGS gold in Pyeongchang
- Companies cutting ties with NRA grows to include Hertz, MetLife, Best Western
- New questions in execution that was delayed at the last minute
December 8, 2017
(Reuters) – Media company Walt Disney Co <DIS.N> on Thursday named Oracle Corp’s <ORCL.O> chief executive, Safra Catz, and her counterpart at Illumina Inc <ILMN.O>, Francis A. deSouza, to its board.
Disney said their election would be effective Feb. 1 but it was yet to decide on which committees they would serve on.
The company currently has 12 members on its board, including Facebook Inc’s <FB.O> Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter Inc’s <TWTR.N> Jack Dorsey.
The election of the two new members comes at a time when Disney is said to be in the lead to acquire much of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc’s <FOXA.O> media empire.
Disney Chief Executive and Chairman Bob Iger contemplates on extending his tenure past 2019 to facilitate the integration of Fox’s assets if a deal is completed, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Arjun Panchadar in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D’Silva)