- Advocates urge UN body to shut door on Big Tobacco
- Justice Ginsburg released from hospital after fall, plans to work from home Friday
- Thousands flee swift-moving California blazes
- Stocks are out of a correction, but lagging crude and copper prices signal more trouble ahead
- Norway to suspend defense gear exports to Saudi Arabia
Norway’s foreign minister says the country will suspend issuing new licenses to export defense-related equipment to Saudi Arabia.
Foreign Minister Ine Eriksen Soereide told Norwegian news agency NTB on Friday that the move was temporary until “a comprehensive assessment of recent developments in Saudi Arabia and the region and the unsettling situation in Yemen” is completed.
Continue Reading Below
NTB said exports of defense-related equipment — so-called B-material — in 2017 to Saudi Arabia was worth 41 million kroner ($4.9 billion), a massive increase from 2016 when it was 23,000 kroner ($2,750).