- Goldman Sachs now expects Fed rate cut in July and Sept
- Key piece of evidence missing in Kevin Spacey case
- Data ‘R’ Us: Alibaba, JD.com seek to lock in merchant loyalty with new services
- Bank of Japan holds fire on policy, joins Fed in warning of mounting global risks
- Janet Mock makes history with Netflix deal
Police in southern Michigan have arrested two suspects in the New Year‘s Eve slaying of a soldier who was fatally shot while on leave.
The St. Joseph Township Police Department said Saturday that the suspects were arrested in 23-year-old Army Sgt. Tyrone Hassel III’s killing after authorities received a tip.
Police said no additional information, including the suspects’ names, will be released until they are arraigned.
Berrien County Prosecutor Mike Sepic will release more information Monday.
Hassel was shot Dec. 31 while visiting his family for the holidays. He died at a hospital from multiple gunshot wounds.
Hassel’s obituary says he enlisted in the Army in 2015 and was recently promoted to sergeant. He and his wife, Spc. Kemia Martin, have one son.