- Trump hails judge’s ruling against Obamacare as ‘great’
- Dead Guatemalan girl part of ‘endless’ migrant exodus from poor village
- Egypt unveils ‘one of a kind’ ancient tomb, expects more finds
- Marijuana and CBD companies can't advertise on Facebook and Google, so they're getting creative
- Australia recognizes west Jerusalem as Israel's capital
MGM Resorts CEO James Murren, left, and MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred speak during a news conference at MLB headquarters in New York, Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)
MGM Resorts has made its third deal in four months with a major U.S. sports league, becoming Major League Baseball’s official gambling partner in the U.S. and Japan.
Continue Reading Below
Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said Tuesday that MGM will become an MLB-authorized gaming operator and will promote itself with teams and on the MLB Network, MLB.com and the MLB At Bat app.
Manfred says “there’s been a huge change in public opinion” on sports gambling “and it has presented an opportunity for all sports and baseball in particular.” He adds “we have to take advantage of every opportunity to drive engagement by fans.”
MGM in August became the official gambling partner of the NBA and WNBA, and the first official sports betting partner of the NHL last month.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports