- Huawei launches a PR offensive — but it may face a 'literally impossible' task
- Nicaraguan journalist flees to Costa Rica, fearing government threats
- Western Australia claims BHP owes up to $215 million in underpaid iron ore royalties
- NBA roundup: Wolves’ Rose beats buzzer to bury Suns
- Death toll rises in Mexico pipeline blast, amid reports leak was detected hours before explosion
The winning numbers drawn Friday for Mega Millions are 4, 24, 46, 61, 70 and the Mega Ball number is 7. The top prize reached $548 million, with a one-time cash option of $309 million.
Mega Millions’ record haul was a $656 million jackpot shared by people in three states in 2012. Just behind that was a $648 million pot won in California and Georgia on Dec. 17, 2013.
The biggest prize won on a single ticket was for $543 million. An office pool of 11 co-workers in California divided it.
Meanwhile, Powerball, which will be drawn on Saturday, has climbed to $314 million.
Friday’s winning Mega Millions numbers
- 4, 24, 46, 61, 70
- Mega Ball: 7
The jackpot’s been growing since it was last won July 24.
How to play Mega Millions
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 per play and there are a total of nine ways to win a prize, ranging from the jackpot down to $2. You can play Mega Millions in 46 localities: 44 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The odds of winning a jackpot remain abysmal at 1 in 258.9 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.