- Could We See $100 Oil Again? Yes, but Not for the Reason You Think
- Italy’s coalition partners meet to patch up tax amnesty row
- 3 Reasons to Loosen the Constraints of Your Bond Portfolio
- Kasatkina denies Tunisian Jabeur to lift Kremlin Cup
- Indian officials exchange blame for train plowing into festival crowd
The winning numbers drawn Friday for Mega Millions are 4, 24, 46, 61, 70 and the Mega Ball number is 7. The top prize reached $548 million, with a one-time cash option of $309 million.
Mega Millions’ record haul was a $656 million jackpot shared by people in three states in 2012. Just behind that was a $648 million pot won in California and Georgia on Dec. 17, 2013.
The biggest prize won on a single ticket was for $543 million. An office pool of 11 co-workers in California divided it.
Meanwhile, Powerball, which will be drawn on Saturday, has climbed to $314 million.
Friday’s winning Mega Millions numbers
- 4, 24, 46, 61, 70
- Mega Ball: 7
The jackpot’s been growing since it was last won July 24.
How to play Mega Millions
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 per play and there are a total of nine ways to win a prize, ranging from the jackpot down to $2. You can play Mega Millions in 46 localities: 44 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The odds of winning a jackpot remain abysmal at 1 in 258.9 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.