- McDonald’s to open 25 restaurants in Italy this year, hire 2,300 people
- Canada to appeal WTO panel finding in lumber dispute with U.S.: statement
- VW to take on Tesla X in China from 2021 with electric SUV
- Trump offers advice to Boeing on 737: "REBRAND the plane"
- Fed's Charles Evans tells CNBC rates can stay unchanged into fall of 2020
FILE PHOTO: The logo of U.S. company McDonald’s is pictured in Rome, Italy August 16, 2018. REUTERS/Max Rossi
April 15, 2019
MILAN (Reuters) – U.S. burger chain McDonald’s is planning to open 25 restaurants across Italy this year and increase its 23,000 staff by 10 percent, the company said on Monday.
McDonald’s plans to add 2,300 workers in Italy in 2019 after hiring 3,000 staff in the last two years, it said in a statement. It added that around 62 percent of its employees in the country are women, half of whom are also store managers.
(Reporting by Cristina Carlevaro; Editing by Jan Harvey)