- Biden tells lawmakers he would end detention of migrant children
- Mother: Detention centers "terrible" and "inadequate" places to "lock children up as if they were animals"
- 7/10/19: CBSN Evening News
- Nintendo shares jump on imminent launch of Switch Lite
- Brazil pension overhaul bill wins by resounding margin in lower house
FILE PHOTO: The logo of U.S. company McDonald’s is pictured in Rome, Italy August 16, 2018. REUTERS/Max Rossi
April 15, 2019
MILAN (Reuters) – U.S. burger chain McDonald’s is planning to open 25 restaurants across Italy this year and increase its 23,000 staff by 10 percent, the company said on Monday.
McDonald’s plans to add 2,300 workers in Italy in 2019 after hiring 3,000 staff in the last two years, it said in a statement. It added that around 62 percent of its employees in the country are women, half of whom are also store managers.
(Reporting by Cristina Carlevaro; Editing by Jan Harvey)