- 1/18/19: CBSN Evening News
- Golf: Late birdie run keeps Mickelson ahead at Desert Classic
- Union tells Shell no automatic extension of refinery contract: sources
- Tencent weighing bid for holding company behind Korea’s Nexon: sources
- Mueller's office disputes parts of BuzzFeed's bombshell on Cohen's congressional testimony
The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):
Continue Reading Below
Stocks are edging higher in early trading as technology and consumer-focused companies rise.
Macy’s jumped 7.6 percent early Wednesday after reporting results that were far better than analysts were expecting. The company said its Bloomingdale’s and Bluemercury divisions as well as its flagship store brand all did well.
Abaxis soared 15 percent the veterinary diagnostic products company agreed to be acquired by Zoetis.
The S&P 500 index rose 2 points, or 0.1 percent, to 2,714.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 11 points, less than 0.1 percent, to 24,720. The Nasdaq composite increased 10 points, or 0.1 percent, to 7,363.
Bond prices didn’t move much. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held steady at 3.07 percent.