- With divorce deal almost done, May repeats rejection of EU proposal on Northern Ireland
- Fiat Chrysler agrees to sell Magneti Marelli to Calsonic Kansei: sources
- 3 Simple Ways to Profit From the Popularity of “Fortnite”
- Why an investor thinks US growth could push rates as high as 4.5%, and send stocks crashing
- London film fest closes with flash of ‘Stan & Ollie’ comic genius
COLUSA, Calif. — A man is facing DUI charges after he lost control of a horse he was riding and a boy was trampled, police say. According to the Colusa Police Department, just after 7:30 p.m. on Friday, a horse walking in the parade trampled an 8-year-old boy, CBS Sacramento reports.
Police say the boy suffered injuries to his legs.
Officers soon found the horse, which had thrown off its rider.
The rider, Armando Martinez Ruiz, is suspected to have been drunk while on the horse. Police note that the same laws apply while riding a horse as driving a car.
Ruiz was arrested and is facing felony DUI charges.
Police say the boy is recovering from his injuries.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.