- Tennis: Barty reaches Melbourne quarters with win over Sharapova
- China set to post slowest growth in 28 years in 2018, more stimulus seen
- Murder victim’s family on arrest in 1990 Starkville, Miss., cold case
- How cutting-edge DNA technology is used to develop composite sketches
- Paris informs Tokyo it wants Renault and Nissan to integrate: Nikkei
A man has died after he “was bitten by what is believed to be a shark” in the waters of a Cape Cod beach Saturday, the Wellfleet Police Department said.
The incident happened about noon when the man was swimming at Newcomb Hollow Beach in Wellfleet, Massachusetts, police said.
He was pulled from the water, given first-aid and taken to Cape Cod Hospital, where he died, police said.
The man suffered “injuries to his lower extremities,” an off-duty lifeguard told The Cape Cod Times.
The victim’s name was not released but police said he was a man in his mid-20s.
The local police department is working with the National Park Service and the state police to investigate.