How to watch today’s White House press briefing live:
- Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Who: White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Online: Watch live stream on CBSN, or in the player above
Potential briefing topics:
- White House budget: The White House unveiled a $4.4 trillion spending plan Monday. wrote that it “builds upon our incredible successes over the past year.” It includes a plan to cut taxes by $1.5 trillion over the next decade while also proposing a massive defense spending increase;
- Infrastructure: Mr. Trump his $1.7 trillion infrastructure plan during a meeting with state and local officials at the White House on Monday. Of the proposed $1.7 trillion, the federal government would contribute $200 billion. The remaining funding is expected to come from state and local governments, private investment and unspecified budget cuts;
- North Korea: Vice President , currently in South Korea for the Winter Olympics, says the U.S. is open to talks with North Korea, CBS News has confirmed. While the U.S. and allied nations would continue to apply economic pressure for the denuclearization of North Korea, the talks would mark a new openness to easing tensions between the two nations.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.