- Look for OPEC to cut oil production by 1 to 1.5 million barrels at next meeting, says analyst
- U.S. prosecutors accuse Manafort of lying to Mueller, blowing up plea deal
- Tesla China sales plunge 70 percent in October: auto industry body
- Japan’s Line Corp to establish bank in tie-up with Mizuho: source
- Amazon's cloud unit launches Arm-based server chips
FILE PHOTO – The logo of Line Corp is seen at the company’s headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, January 25, 2017. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
November 27, 2018
TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese mobile chat app operator Line Corp will tie up with Mizuho Financial Group Inc to establish a bank, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters on Tuesday, declining to be identified because the plan is not yet public.
Mizuho is scheduled to hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m. (0630 GMT) to brief on a new business. Officials at the bank were not immediately available to comment on the tie-up with Line, which was first reported by public broadcaster NHK.
Line did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Reporting by Taiga Uranaka; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)