- UK must leave EU on Oct. 31 even without a deal: PM candidate McVey
- U.S. military in region is ‘weakest’ in history: Iran deputy Guards chief
- Hungary’s Orban hopes for anti-immigration shift in Europe in vote
- At least two dead and hotel leveled in Oklahoma tornado
- 2 dead as tornado destroys hotel, trailer park in Oklahoma
FILE PHOTO – The logo of Line Corp is seen at the company’s headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, January 25, 2017. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
November 27, 2018
TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese mobile chat app operator Line Corp will tie up with Mizuho Financial Group Inc to establish a bank, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters on Tuesday, declining to be identified because the plan is not yet public.
Mizuho is scheduled to hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m. (0630 GMT) to brief on a new business. Officials at the bank were not immediately available to comment on the tie-up with Line, which was first reported by public broadcaster NHK.
Line did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Reporting by Taiga Uranaka; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)