- Trump picks envoy to Canada Kelly Craft for U.N. ambassador
- Smart Beta ETFs to Watch as Companies Ramp Up Buybacks
- Germany ETFs Try to Regain Their Footing
- Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gave prosecutors information on Trump family business: NYT
- Mueller report not coming next week: senior U.S. Justice official
FILE PHOTO – The logo of Line Corp is seen at the company’s headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, January 25, 2017. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
November 27, 2018
TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese mobile chat app operator Line Corp will tie up with Mizuho Financial Group Inc to establish a bank, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters on Tuesday, declining to be identified because the plan is not yet public.
Mizuho is scheduled to hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m. (0630 GMT) to brief on a new business. Officials at the bank were not immediately available to comment on the tie-up with Line, which was first reported by public broadcaster NHK.
Line did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Reporting by Taiga Uranaka; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)