- WATCH: Trump calls Kavanaugh 'an absolute gem'
- Watch: Trump leads United Nations Security Council meeting on nuclear weapons
- Brett Kavanaugh provides high school calendar to Judiciary Committee before hearing with accuser
- New home sales rebound in August, prior months revised lower
- 2nd Kavanaugh accuser certain about alleged encounter, her lawyer says
Wright was convicted of murder in 1962 but escaped prison in 1970. In 1972, he and accomplices hijacked a plane using a handgun stashed in a hollowed-out Bible and demanded that FBI agents deliver $1 million.
The hostages safely disembarked n Los Angeles, but the crew was forced to accompany the plane to Algeria. In 2012, a court in Portugal denied an American request to have him extradited.