- Brown, Auburn blitz Kansas to reach Sweet 16
- U.S. lawmakers await details of Mueller’s Russia report
- Brexit or not, Prudential says it made sense to move some business to Luxembourg
- Italy endorses China’s Belt and Road plan in first for a G7 nation
- China confident of achieving key 2019 economic targets, vice premier says
Wright was convicted of murder in 1962 but escaped prison in 1970. In 1972, he and accomplices hijacked a plane using a handgun stashed in a hollowed-out Bible and demanded that FBI agents deliver $1 million.
The hostages safely disembarked n Los Angeles, but the crew was forced to accompany the plane to Algeria. In 2012, a court in Portugal denied an American request to have him extradited.